Road connections between Central Europe and destinations on the Croatian coast are getting better and better. During the summer months, traffic at border crossings is denser, which can cause minor delays. To enter and drive in Croatia, you need a green insurance card and a valid driver’s license. In the Republic of Croatia, tolls are charged on highways and semi-highways and on some bridges and tunnels.
– Buzet-Sočerga (all towards Slovenia)
Arrival in Rovinj:
From Slovenia and Italy:
The Kaštel-Dragonja border crossing — Umag toll booth – Kanfanar junction (exit from the highway) – Putini – Rovinj
Zagreb – Rijeka — Učka Tunnel – Kanfanar junction (exit from the highway) – Putini – Rovinj
Split-Bosiljevo-Rijeka — Učka Tunnel – Kanfanar junction (exit from the highway) – Putini – Rovinj
The telephone number for help is 1987. For more detailed information, tourists can contact the Information Center of the Croatian Auto Club at + 385 1 464-0800, available 24/7. Information on road conditions can be obtained in several languages on Croatian Radio’s 2nd program or on the RDS system.
Located about 40 km from Rovinj. It is connected via Zagreb with most major European destinations. The airport is connected to the city of Pula by buses and taxis.
More information about Pula Airport at:
Located 262 km from Rovinj.
More information about Zagreb Airport at:
Located 205 km from Rovinj.
More information about Ljubljana Airport at:
Located 147 km from Rovinj.
More information about Trieste Airport at:
Located 116 km from Rovinj.
More information about Rijeka Airport at:
Located 258 km from Rovinj.
More information about Venice Airport at:
Near Rovinj there are several small airports that offer panoramic flight services:
– Vrsar Tourist Airport
– (22 km) tel. +385 91 500-9808
– Medulin Sports Airport
– (42 km) tel. +385 52 506-505. +385 98 420-577, fax. +385 52 380-940, www.delicair.hr
Rovinj is connected by direct bus lines with all major centers in the Republic of Croatia. Details can be found at www.autotrans.hr, www.brioni.hr and on the webpage of the Zagreb Bus Station, www.akz.hr.
Organized international bus transport:
– From Ljubljana and Koper, more information at: www.ap-ljubljana.si
– From Trieste, more information at: http://www.autostazionetrieste.it/
– From Belgrade, more information at: www.fils.hr.
Contact numbers for bus stations:
Pula tel. +385 52 500-012
Rovinj tel. +385 60 333-111 (only for calls from Croatia)
Local public transportation in the city of Rovinj is performed as a communal activity on the basis of a concession, seasonally in the period from June 1 to September 15.
More information at: www.rovinj.hr
– Rovinj is connected by boat with the port of Venice and the region of Emilia Romagna. During the summer months, boat transportation is organized almost every day (passengers only). Find more information at: www.venezialines.it i www.emiliaromagnalines.it
– The ferry port of Rijeka, located 91 km from Rovinj, is connected by a ferry line to the Kvarner Islands and Dalmatia. More information at: www.jadrolinija.hr
Information on rail transport can be found here: www.hz-pp.hr
Nearest train stations:
– Kanfanar Railway Station (18 km), Jurja Dobrile 10, tel. +385 52 825-011
– Pula Railway Station (32 km), Kolodvorska 7, tel. +385 52 541-733